Policies, Terms and Conditions
General Policies And Procedures
If you don’t find your answer below, please contact us directly.
Scheduling is done on Sunday for the upcoming week. All requests are to be submitted by 5pm Sunday. Although we book up very quickly, we will do our best to fit in any last-minute requests or occasional walks. Any service requests submitted after 5 pm Sunday will carry a $5 late addition charge.
Please note that we cannot guarantee exact visit times.
Please do not schedule any services, changes or cancellations directly with your Pet Sitter in order to ensure accuracy and service fulfillment.
- Due to the complexity of our clients’ varying schedules and the unique challenges of maneuvering through Atlanta in all types of climates, we ask for a one-hour window around the time of your scheduled walk.
- For instance, if your pet is scheduled for a 3 pm walk, you can expect your walker to arrive sometime between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm. This window helps us manage varying schedules, weather, toweling dogs off after rainy or snowy days, varying travel times between clients with pets in the same walking group, etc. We appreciate your understanding!
- Crate Escape Atlanta asks that all service requests for Saturday or Sunday be submitted for approval by 8 pm the day before, so that we may schedule our staff appropriately.
- There will be a $10 Surcharge for any same-day services requested on the weekend, or after 8 pm the day prior.
- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. If the client fails to cancel in time, we will charge the full fee for that service. However, we do make exceptions for clients who have pre-paid.
- If Crate Escape Atlanta cannot access your home for reasons out of our control (missing key or concierge/leasing staff, etc.), Crate Escape Atlanta will proceed to its next service after waiting 15 minutes, and a cancellation fee will be assessed.
We would also like to highlight that we aim to always honor our schedule to guarantee the best service we can. We ask our clients to have the same respect and commitment as we do, ensuring punctuality and efficiency for all of our clients.
All holiday reservations must be submitted at least 30 days in advance of the actual reservation date. Your reservations are not considered confirmed and on our calendar until you receive your confirmation email.
All communications regarding scheduling, instructions, cancellations, etc should be directed to Jacob Hollier, and not to our team members.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas reservations require a minimum 50% deposit of the total visit schedule before reservations are considered confirmed and on our calendar.
- Five-days’ notice for reservation cancellations for holidays is required to receive a full refund.
- Cancellations within the five-day period prior to the holiday reservation will forfeit their deposit.
- Deposits cannot be used as credit toward other services.
We require all cats in our care to be visited at least once every 24 hours and all dogs in our care to be visited a minimum of twice per day at 12-hour intervals. Three visits per day are the recommended schedule for dogs who may need to relieve themselves more often.
A credit card will be required at the time of scheduling, Crate Escape Atlanta accepts all major credit cards, including Google and Apple Pay.
- Payment is due day of service.
- Non-Holiday Appointments will be charged on the day of service.
- Holiday Appointments will be charged 2 weeks before the start of services.
- A $25.00 late fee may be added to your invoice for late payments.
- Credit cards will be charged automatically for future appointments booked, 1 day before the start of services.
Last-minute and same-day booking requests will carry a $5 fee on top of the standard service fee for the service requested.
We will try to accommodate all last-minute bookings to the best of our ability. Please note that we cannot guarantee exact visit times.
- A holiday surcharge of $20 per visit will apply for visits made on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day Weekend, Easter Sunday, Independence Day Weekend, Labor Day Weekend, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Week.
- Client is responsible for all expenses incurred such as purchasing supplies or pet food or veterinarian bills accrued in their absence and must reimburse Crate Escape Atlanta upon return.
The client must inform Crate Escape Atlanta if anyone else will have access to your home during our service period, i.e., house cleaners, friends/family, etc. Please inform them that we will be there as well.
Please be aware that shared entry will waive our liability insurance and bonding for your home and pets. Crate Escape Atlanta shall not be held liable for any damages or loss incurred to your home or pets during the entirety of any pet sitting schedule, where someone other than Crate Escape Atlanta has access to your home.
The liability waiver does not apply to the client’s emergency contact(s), as named in the client’s profile as having a key to the client’s home, with the understanding that said contact(s) will not be entering the client’s home during the entire term of Crate Escape Atlanta visit schedule unless called to the client’s home.
Please make sure we have written permission to access your apartment if you live in a doorman entry complex. Non-doorman residents are required to hand in a set of keys for the building and apartment entrance.
We require two working keys to your house. Keys must be provided at the time of the initial meet & greet. If two copies are not provided, Crate Escape Atlanta will make a copy of the key and a $10 charge will be charged to the client.
If you live in a gated community, you must provide a gate card and remote or appropriate access codes.
Please arrange for the additional key to be picked up during our next scheduled visit.
- NO KEYS will be mailed by regular mail, hidden outside, or locked in homes on last visits.
- If an account is inactive for longer than one year, Crate Escape Atlanta will destroy all keys and entry devices associated with that account.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to provide reasonable parking options/access for Pet Sitters to provide services. In instances where parking is unavailable on or near property, Crate Escape Atlanta reserves the right to charge for additional time and cost of paid parking required to secure parking and walk to the client’s property.
- We must have the alarm codes, password, and company name and phone number in your profile. If we do not have this information in our system, we will not be responsible for any false alarms. Alarms must be in good working condition with no numbers sticking or not working properly.
- If alarm information changes at any time, the Client must update the information directly in the online profile or contact the Crate Escape Atlanta office with the information.
Crate Escape Atlanta services clients to the best of our ability, regardless of the weather. However, Crate Escape Atlanta reserves the right to cancel visits, reschedule, or shorten the duration of walks if driving and/or walking conditions are dangerous to our dog walkers, pet sitters, and your pets.
These forms of weather may include severe weather warnings, flash floods and flood warnings, snow, hailstorms, extreme heat conditions above 90 degrees and more.
In the event we are expecting or experiencing inclement weather, here is what we will do:
We will assess each visit separately and develop a plan that prioritizes the care of your pet and the safety of our staff. We will communicate with each pet parent to inform them of our plan.
For Pet Parents Who Are Traveling: We will prioritize pet visits for pet parents who are traveling or away from home. If needed, we may arrive early or delay the visit. If we believe we are unable to safely perform the service, we may utilize your emergency contact or ask to bring your pet to one of our homes before the inclement weather occurs. If you are aware of upcoming severe weather conditions, please have your emergency contact prepared to be on-call to care for your pet in case we may not be able to arrive. Please note that we will need your emergency contact information to coordinate, if necessary.
For Hospital, Medical, or Essential Workers: These are for our pet parents who are typically required to work no matter the weather conditions. These clients will come next in priority.
For Pet Parents Who Are Home: When weather conditions are too dangerous to drive or walk, we will ask pet parents who are home to cancel their walks, free of charge.
In all situations: We will first attempt to delay our visit until the weather clears or shorten the walk time outside and use the remaining time of the visit inside for playtime instead. Canceling a walk or visit will always be our last resort.
Depending on the driving conditions, we will assign the sitter that can make the visit best. Please keep in mind, this may not be your regular Crate Escape Atlanta dog walker or pet sitter. To keep our staff safe, we may have to decide to change routes or assignments for that day. You will be notified of any changes ahead of time.
If inclement weather causes an extended delay while en route to your home, we may have to shorten the service to ensure all clients can be serviced accordingly. Your pet will still get the potty break they need.
In the event of any medical emergency, we will immediately contact the pet owner. We commit to doing everything in our reach to ensure the pet’s well-being. If we fail to make contact with the pet’s owner, our clients grant us the right to make any medical decision on his behalf for the care of their pet.
Please note that the clients are held responsible for any veterinarian bills that may result.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to Crate Escape Atlanta services if necessary in our discretion to protect Crate Escape Atlanta, its users, pets, or the public. You may suspend or terminate your use of the Crate Escape Atlanta at any time and for any reason.
If you wish to deactivate your account, please contact Crate Escape Atlanta. Note that if you have any outstanding payment obligations, those will survive suspension or termination of your account.
All accounts with 30 days of no activity will automatically be deactivated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers you were looking for...
A Meet & Greet is required for all first-time clients and is designed for you and your pet to get to know us (and vice versa). In-home meet & greets are a great way to show us where you keep your pet(s) leash, food/water bowls etc.
Please prepare two (2) sets of house keys for our use to be picked up at the Meet and Greet. We ask that you please test each key to ensure that it works properly. We may access your home via a 24/7 concierge with a key release.
We require two sets of house keys from all clients, no exceptions. One set of keys remains in the care of your primary pet sitter and the other set is kept in our office safe to be used in the case of a lock-out or emergency.
We operate within a five-mile radius of Midtown, Atlanta. We evaluate each client’s needs to make sure we can provide quality services.
NOW SERVING: 30309, 30308, 30307, 30305, 30306, 30319, 30318, 30312 and 30324.
Get updates in the Time To Pet app via live GPS tracking, map pins, and communicate directly with your Crate Escape Atlanta Caregiver at any time.
Absolutely! A holiday surcharge of $20 per visit will apply for visits made on the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day Weekend, Easter Sunday, Independence Day Weekend, Labor Day Weekend, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Week.
NO. We pride ourselves in always committing to our scheduled appointments.
We accept all major credit cards, including Google and Apple Pay. Payment is due day of service.
Payments can be made via client portal.
- Log in to your client portal in our scheduling software. Crate Escape Atlanta.
Yes, we are both bonded and fully insured. Please contact us directly for more information.
Tipping your dog walker isn’t required, but always appreciated! Tips are a great way to show your gratitude for a job well done.
Yes, get updates in the Time To Pet app via live GPS tracking, map pins, and communicate directly with your Crate Escape Atlanta Caregiver at any time.